The APSAT 2017 is the 16th ASSI’s consecutive annual international conference series on the satellite communication aspect and it is a remarkable annual event in Indonesia and it is being acknowledged, recognized and endorsed by telecommunication international societies, professionals and government institutions. The APSAT 2017 have becomes the most important satellite technology conference event of the year in Indonesia, with sharing knowledge from many leaders, entrepreneurs, executives, engineers, end-users, college community and enthusiasts together in one place. For more than 16 years, APSAT has played a critical role in determining how satellites will shape the future of telecommunication Indonesia and Asia Pacific region. The conference welcomes a community of aerospace professional from every market and field of study in Asia Pacific region.
ASSI (Asosiasi Satelit Indonesia) or (The Indonesian Satellite Association) is an inclusive non-profit organization, based in Bandung, established in 1998, has aim to promote and encourage the satellite industry, including the satellite community development in Indonesia, through national-international multi discipline collaboration; and to address wide range satellite related issues.
Indonesia in Asia’s fastest growing satellite market as government steps up infrastructure budget with plans to boost economic growth, which the growth of ICT contribution to GDP is consistently double digit in the last 10 years. Indonesia Broadband Plan (IBP) is become acceleration era in 2015-2019 with focus to solving national connectivity issues. In this phase, IBP will focus on providing broadband services to all districts, schools, and public facilities, strengthening connectivity by improving government secured network and consolidating data center.
During APSAT 2017, we will discuss major issues such as:
- Market opportunities, growth potentials and profitability of markets are very divergent, requiring innovative solutions in technology and business. The perspective and sharing discussion among leader’s players in satellite operator and also in the entire value chain of the satellite industries such as satellite manufactures, launch service providers, ground equipment manufacturers, VSAT’s providers and satellite service providers.
- The Broadband experience through satellite, will be our focus in this conference. There some discussion about how space-segment technology evolving at such a rapid pace has forced significant advances in ground-based technology, what issue of accelerating Broadband experience in Indonesia and Asia Pacific region.
- The telecom sector continues to be at the epicenter for growth, innovation, and disruption for virtually any industry. Being connected continues to become cheaper. Connectivity is capturing a smaller proportion of the information value chain while content, service, and product deliverers capture more. How downward pricing pressures in some world regions, coupled with the aggressive plans of emerging marketplace entrants, are forcing the big players to innovate and think differently about the value equation for communications via satellite
- The increasing options in launch vehicles are changing the economics of getting into space and doing business there. The adaption of satellite manufacturing techniques and spacecraft builders to new paradigms era of satellite business.
- How can the satellite industry adapt itself to the requirements of the new age in the changed environment? How technology innovations and the demand will meet expectation to deliver communications services efficiently, ubiquitously, and reliably?
- Financing for the “new space” era means millions of dollars are flowing into the idea pipeline, promising to change the future of space-based services, creating winners and losers over the next few years as companies address new market realities
In the context of 4 decades of satellite operation in Indonesia, since 1976, satellite connectivity is still the key to building new economies in remote developing regions and as strategic innovation to unify people around Indonesia. If people have that basic connectivity, it becomes the first step to creating job markets and independent, thriving communities. The greatest drivers for the growth are security & emergency network, video services, broadband access, cellular backhaul, financial network, enterprise network, school network, healthy services and public and government network.
Broadband satellite as HTS satellite will continue evolve as now we facing fifth generation, with better and advanced broadband satellite, that super-efficient compare to first generation. The HTS satellite also impact on satellite spectrum resource that must be managed very efficient way. The race of HTS constellation also give disruptive innovation and challenge for existing satellite operator, that can’t enjoy the comfort zone anymore.
The next major trend that will impact is the explosion of connected devices by 2020 such as IoT (Internet of Things), massive video streaming, and mobile payments. The number of “connected things” and embedded devices continues to grow as mobile and “smart” device utilization and connectivity continues to expand, which will ultimately shape and define the IoT space. As custodians of the networks, carriers play a pivotal role in fighting the new threats that are emerging. The desire for greater security may be a boon for carriers, if they embrace the need.
The satellite industry is now poised for relatively steady long-term growth driven by technology innovation and underlying demand for consumer-based services. Technology innovation, such as electronic propulsion and dynamic power allocation (and possibly lower cost launch), will have broad implications for satellite design and construction, which, in turn, can change the cost structure of new capacity deployment.
Having the above information, APSAT 2017 will have 2 days conference to address satellite technology, business and regulation issues.
During 1st day, the conference will focus on satellite businesses and market, which start from panel discussion from international satellite business player with focus potential market in Asia Pacific region, then from satellite and launcher manufacture with focus cost leadership in Broadband satellite, after that we will continue discussion with satellite broadband player in this region with focus in broadband satellite experience. In the afternoon, we will have discussion on Satellite Broadband technology in the future from the ground manufacture.
On the 2nd day, we will have updated information on satellite cellular backhaul technology and demand. Then we will continue with knowledge sharing and discussion from satellite financing agency with focus on challenging and opportunity of satellite financial. In the next session, we will have information about government, military, maritime and enterprise network session.
The theme for the APSAT 2017 is “True Broadband Experience Through Satellite”
- A tool to enrich, encourage and support the satellite industry and community development in Asia-Pacific region and Indonesia in particular.
- A practical discussion medium among the satellite industry experts addressing the eminent and future issues, technology, application, regulatory and business issues focusing on the Asia-Pacific region, through sharing experience, information and idea in the satellite related matters.
- A medium for future co-operation, business engaging and non-profit mutual collaboration.